Saturday, January 13

Kai's 2nd Febrile Seizure

We experienced kind and understanding waiters tonight! (Or maybe, I gave them no choice?!)

We were in a restaurant and had already placed our orders . The OJ for Kai had already arrived and I think Kai had already drunk some of it. Then without warning, Kai had a febrile seizure. This kind of thing scares Tomo a lot more than me and before you could even blink, Tomo had grabbed Kai, was running out of the restaurant and telling the waiters along the way that we were in a rush to go to the hospital.

He moved so fast that I was left behind, trying to put Taiga back into the stroller, and picking up Kai's jacket, socks and shoes (I think it is a Japanese thing, but Tomo is forever removing Kai's socks and shoes whenever we are in a restaurant!). It did not help that our table was in the split-level section and it took me time to get the stroller down to the normal level, by which time Tomo was already way ahead and on the escalator on the way down. I was debating whether or not to pay for the meal (the OJ, and they may have already started baking the pizzas ...). It was not the money, but that it would take time for them to ring the register, give me change etc.

The wait-staff were really nice about it. They did not mention the bill, or pull me back whatever. They helped me along and told us to take care!

We will definitely be going back to this place again!

[Note: Febrile seizures are harmless although scary to watch. Usually, there is nothing much a doctor can do anyway except to confirm that it is a febrile seizure and nothing more sinister than that.]

PS - Just wondering how this would play out if it were in Singapore? Would the restaurant demand payment first??

No comments: