Tuesday, November 28

Introduction

That 1st post did not turn out too bad. The layout of the page is decent enough.

OK, so what should I write on today? Hmmm.

Well, I am very free at work now. Not that I don't have work to do. I have. But I can't proceed as I am waiting for instructions from the Japanese lawyers that I work with. And having been in this office for more than 5 years, I know what will happen. At about 7pm, just as I am about packing up to leave, I will suddenly get phonecalls and e-mail messages from them saying, let's discuss now and then we will send the work out to clients by tonight. Yup, that is the modus operandi in this office. What does that mean? It means that I should leave the office at 5.30! I might just do that today. After all, I have been staying in till late for many weeks already.

And that brings me to introduce my MIL. She picks up my kids from daycare at 6.30, feeds them and waits for my return. That's it. If I get home too late and the kids are already sleeping, it means that there is no bath for that day. Take last week. A busy week in the office for me. Monday, no bath. Tuesday, no bath. Wednesday, I had my husband call her and insist that they take a bath. Finally, they had one that day. Thursday, no bath. Friday, no bath. Well, at least I save on my water bills??

I had a hilarious episode with my MIL just yesterday. Well, it is hilarious now but not so yesterday. We have a special diaper pail by Aprica. The purpose of the pail is so that you can throw diapers in there, with their contents and all, and no smell will leak. So MIL changes Kai's diaper and starts heading for the toilet. We have been thru this routine so many times. I remind her that there is a diaper pail (does she need remining? She is in my house 5 times a week!) and that the dirty diaper, with its contents and all, can be thrown into the diaper pail. For some reason, she likes to empty out the contents into my toilet bowl and then throw the "empty" diaper into the pail. Not something I like cos, well let's just say she is not as anal as me on cleanliness, and I am afraid that there could be a backsplash in the toilet bowl when she dumps the contents or there could be misaiming on her part. Why invite more work right? So anyway, the moment she got up and turned in the direction of the toilet, I open my mouth to start reminding her. What does she do? She starts walking very quickly to the toilet with the diaper in hand mumbling that the pail wil be smelly. I get up to go after her and tell her that it is a special pail, it would not be smelly. She picks up pace and literally runs into the toilet, dirty diaper in hand. Boy, was I mad. She blatantly disregards me at times, in my own house. And I don't think I am being unreasonable.

I was so mad, and distracted, that when I left the house for work, I forgot to bring my breast pump parts to work! So I could not pump at work the whole day and it was painful from the later half of the afternoon.

Retribution from the gods for not being more appreciative of my MIL???!!!

No comments: