Wednesday, November 29

Leaving Office Early is Difficult in Japan for the Wrong Reasons

As it turned out yesterday, I was free the whole day and then just before I was leaving, at 5.15, my phone rang and it was one of the associates that I had been waiting for. He wanted to discuss. We discussed, I went back to my room to amend the draft and in the midst of it, another associate gave me a new piece of work that also had to be completed by that day. So I was in the office till 8pm! Started working only from 5.15pm!!! Even though I was in the office from 9.30am.

I think this office needs discipline. There was another incident today. An associate got in to office only at noon. So he instructed me on the new matter only after he came in. And he wants the draft of the Share Purchase Agreement by today! If you want the agreement by today mister, you should be instructing me no later than early this morning. But of course I did not say that to him. :-(

It's so frustrating!

No comments: