Tuesday, March 27

Taiga Not Talking and Others

Taiga will be 1 very soon. And a couple of weeks later, Kai will be 3.

On Sunday night, in the car, with Kai singing along loudly to the kid's DVD playing

Kai to us: Taiga is not singing

Me to Tomo: Hah! Taiga cannot even talk!

Kai (laughing): That's right. Taiga can only say "ah" and "wah"!

It is moments like these when I wonder, exactly how much of our "adult" conversation can he understand?

Other Kai moments

Me: I don't think so

Kai (looking at me earnestly): I think so

Kai (nodding away, trying to sound convincing): Maybe

********

Me to a driving Tomo (pointing in a certain direction): I think it is this way

Kai to a driving Tomo (pointing in the opposite direction): I think it is that way

Do we see signs of rebellion already? :-)

As for Taiga, his development in the last 2 months has just been leaping and bounding. He can take a few steps although if he wants to get anywhere fast, it is still plain old crawling or walking on his knees. As of last week, he can even whilst standing up, bend his knees and pick something up from the floor - all without losing his balance! He loves people and gets attention everytime in public. He often breaks out in smiles and strangers are so pleased. Sometimes when he smiles, he has 1 eye closed and that is so cute. He is into pointing at different objects now and going "ah". And about a month ago, I am very sure I heard him say "Kai". He adores Kai and often wants to touch him or play with him.

2 comments:

Lily said...

Masa was showing Tomo pics on the digital camera (we still haven't uploaded in over a month) and there was a bunch of crazy pics Tomo attempted of Kai in the cafe. Masa mentioned that if we have a chance on Saturday he might be able to hang out with Kai and Taiga for an hour and he was SO HAPPY.
PS
You have been busy- good job on updating your blog.

Heidi said...

Hope you can join us on Saturday!

And I would love to see those pics too. I am lousy about uploading too, which is why I always get the memory card those has the biggest storage space.