Tuesday, March 27

Ewww!

OK, this is disgusting, but I feel compelled to share it. :-)

Another meeting story.

I was summoned to a junior partner's room to discuss a certain matter. For some reason, he made me sit down and decided to hover directly above me, as he gave me instructions.

His nose was dripping. Like a leaking tap. From my "vantage point" looking directly up at him, I would see a drop gathering and when it was sufficiently heavy, it would start making its way out of his nose and dangle a bit. He would then sniff it back in. Sometimes, he was so slow about sniffing it back in that I was so afraid it would drip on to me.

It was so disgusting. My stomach started churning and I felt like I was going to throw up. I thought of not looking up at him as he spoke to me, but decided that it was best that I look and monitor the drops. In that way, if he was too slow to sniff it back in, I can still dodge it!

2 comments:

Lily said...

Perhaps you should do what you told me little elderly women do to Kai- whip out a hankie and wipe it. Yuck-sounds so dangerous, how could you concentrate on your work with "that hanging over your head" LOL.

Heidi said...

Yeah, it was hard to concentrate. Hanging over my head - haha! To make matters worse, he is a very s-l-o-w talker with huge pauses between his words! :-(