Wednesday, February 14

Valentine's Day


A day when the girls give the guys chocolates in Japan!

And in Japan, the gift giving is not just between lovers but is also a common practice within companies. So in the office where the girls are usually in the secretarial jobs and the guys are in the executive jobs, it has pretty much translated into a gift-giving practice of a junior to her superiors.

Now, where does that leave me as a female in a Japanese company working in a "superior" position? It is strange for females to gives chocos to other females, but I am sort of a boss ....

It means that I get fewer chocos than the guys, but I still get chocos. Can't complain! Below is a pic of some of the chocos I received today. OK, ok, they are all of the chocos I received today!


No comments: