Wednesday, December 6

Shopping!

It's a sickness - the inability to stop myself from buying clothes for the kids!

I have spent a little fortune over the past week (actually, 2 days) at 3 different shops getting clothes for Kai & Taiga. They probably have a different outfit for every day of the month by now. As if that is not enough (and really, it is not when you see the cute clothes!), I have started buying clothes for Kai when he is 5 years old. He is now 2.5 years old.

Yup, you now understand how mad I have become.

I blame it largely on Itoyokado. Up to a couple of months ago, I would never have dreamed of buying any clothes from there. They had standard Japanese kids clothes i.e. dull colours (dull blue, dull orange and yellows, dark brown usually favoured), too many colours that it looks distracting, inane slogans, cotton that could have been softer for babies' skin and not necessarily cheap for that kind of clothing. Then they changed their line-up. Brought in i-petit and and bpi (bonheur something something). Both are marketed as French clothes although I suspect they are actually Japanese masking behind a French name. But they look so chic! The colours are more "foreign" and brighter, the designs simpler, no slogans and the cotton soft! I am known to buy the same item in different sizes (and hence shopping for Kai 2.5 years later already!) and then in the same size but different colours! And to fuel this craziness, the sales are on!

I dread to see my next credit card bill. And I have not even entered Du Pareil Au Meme yet,my favourite French kids clothes shop which is just down the road from my house!

3 comments:

keira said...

Well, besides turning naggy, it's another common illness of mothers to spend when it comes to kids' clothes! Keira has clothes up to 4 YO sizes and thank goodness it's the winter season so that's temporarily stopping me from shopping online for old navy, etc! ;)

Heidi said...

not having seasons is definitely a great money saver. alas, what fits for summer this year won't for next year's summer. but thankfully, the kiddos are of the same sex, so it's reusable!

i am coming to realise that another characteristic is becoming careless ... leaving articles behind! i think we left kai's apron at TGIF last weekend. :-(

Japan Shopping said...

I think it would help you a lot if you would try to go online Japan shopping. Check out on the list of children clothing and accessories. I think they have a wide variety to choose from.